This day will focus on how to make various types of medicinal teas for healing common ailments. In addition to being introduced to the plants in bloom in the mont of April, we will spend time harvesting from the land. Learn how to harvest & process roots, leaves & flowers for later use in your at-home apothecary.
This day is part of a five part series will lay the foundations of herbal medicine knowledge and skills. Each day includes an herb walk, discussion, and medicine making demonstrations. You will learn about medicinal plants commonly found in the wild, in the garden, and in the kitchen. Learn how to make infused oils, herbal vinegars, teas, syrups, stocks, steams, salves & liniments.
Overall the course will include:
• Live introduction to 30 medicinal plants & 30 hours of class time
• How to identify, plant, and process your harvest
• Kitchen medicine - how to make food as medicine and medicine as food
• First aid - how to prepare yourself for common household ailments
• Topical preparations such as balms & oils
• Herbal safety
Schedule: All days will be from 10:30 -17:30 with a 90-minute lunch break at 13:00. Lunch can be purchased on the premises for 10 euro. Feel free to bring snacks & water!
To Register, go here: https://www.quinta-do-rajo.pt/activities/other-activities/herbalism/?lang=en
Ler Portuguese, ja aqui: https://www.quinta-do-rajo.pt/actividades-2/outras-actividades/herbalismo/