Got stung by a bee? Chew a weed! Learn some tricks for healing at home. How can you use the contents of your kitchen and the patch of weeds in your yard to work with burns, bug bites, headaches, stomach pains, and splinters? Learn what herbs can be used for topical and first aid applications. This class will be co-taught with Fernanda Botelho.
This day is part of a five part series will lay the foundations of herbal medicine knowledge and skills. Each day includes an herb walk, discussion, and medicine making demonstrations. You will learn about medicinal plants commonly found in the wild, in the garden, and in the kitchen. Learn how to make infused oils, herbal vinegars, teas, syrups, stocks, steams, salves & liniments.
Overall the course will include:
• Live introduction to 30 medicinal plants & 30 hours of class time
• How to identify, plant, and process your harvest
• Kitchen medicine - how to make food as medicine and medicine as food
• First aid - how to prepare yourself for common household ailments
• Topical preparations such as balms & oils
• Herbal safety
Schedule: All days will be from 10:30 -17:30 with a 90-minute lunch break at 13:00. Lunch can be purchased on the premises for 10 euro. Feel free to bring snacks & water!
To Register, go here: https://www.quinta-do-rajo.pt/activities/other-activities/herbalism/?lang=en
Ler Portuguese, ja aqui: https://www.quinta-do-rajo.pt/actividades-2/outras-actividades/herbalismo/